I want to welcome everyone to HomePricesInIdaho.com, my Idaho real estate blog and property search site. I’m based in the Treasure Valley and want to help out-of-state buyers looking to move to this great state. If you are looking outside of the Boise area, I know a lot of agents and can refer you to someone with a strong work ethic, whether that’s eastern Idaho, or northern Idaho.
There are SO many people who want to keep Idaho’s awesome lifestyle a secret. You might ask why I don’t. Growth obviously changes the character of any place, to some extent.
Well, the answer is because I love liberty, and I sincerely want others to share that liberty and the resulting prosperity we enjoy here in Idaho. Growth doesn’t have to change an area for the worse. We’re going to grow. It is up to us to learn how to grow in a smart manner while still maintaining a strong culture of freedom that makes Idaho great. The key is to not change Idaho to become like the other states some of us fled. 🙂
I moved my family here in 2005 and am still just as much in love with this place now as then. Here are just a few of the things that make Idaho awesome:
- Easily accessible outdoors. There is so much to do outdoors here in Idaho. From our little corner of Southwestern Idaho that we call the Treasure Valley, we are minutes—not hours—away from skiing and snowboarding, river rafting, boating, fishing, hiking, hunting, flying, shooting, birding, and more.
- Your choice of urban, suburban, or rural living. You can find whatever you are looking for here in Idaho. Want to raise a few head of cattle? You can still find property to do that here, and relatively close to amenities like schools, shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. If you’d rather live in a subdivision in town with easy freeway access, you can do that as well.
- A culture of liberty and being nice. This is reflected in local and state politics, for the most part. This respect for liberty also provides for the ability to disagree without disliking one another. This seems to be a lost art in some parts of our great nation.
- Constitutional carry laws. This means you can carry a concealed weapon without a permit, with some exceptions (Federal buildings, etc.). For those coming from more restrictive states in regard to the Second Amendment, this might sound scary, but it’s really not. After all, if we only have the right to protect ourselves and our loved ones with a permit, we don’t have rights, we have permissions.
- Economic security. There are a wide range of jobs here in the Treasure Valley, anywhere from tech to medical. There’s also a culture of economic freedom to start a business and thrive without excessive government regulation. Your kid doesn’t need a business permit to set up a lemonade stand.
In short, Idaho is a fantastic place to move. I bought a home in a weekend when I moved my family here, and I’ll help you plan ahead to accomplish that as well if you’d like. Take the first step and give me a call!
Kevin Harper Real Estate
Call or text me at 208-249-8893